Friday, September 27, 2013

Battery Monitoring System

Here is a video showing a few of my latest upgrades on the Electric Booger:
Here is the schematic for my battery monitoring system:


The reason I power the system voltmeter with a 9V battery is because it is a very cheap eBay voltmeter that has a low-resistance connection between the power side ground and measured side ground. If powered by the car's accessory battery it makes a connection between the traction side and accessory electrical systems.

I have actually been shocked by the car when I originally powered this voltmeter with the car's accessory power. I was tightening the nut on the power lead at the main contactor and my elbow touched a bolt on the car somewhere. Zzzzt. That is when I started powering the voltmeter with a separate small battery.

No comments:

Post a Comment